Thursday, December 1, 2011

One Year Later

I'm a sucker for symmetry so I couldn't quite make it through the day without breaking my break from writing. One year ago today I arrived back in the States from Costa Rica. It just so happens that that very same day  my father escaped the shackles of entreprenuerial censorship. He was asked to no longer sell his product from his warehouse. He had been granted the gift of Channel 5's Chronicle, but the greedy retailers that employed his services wanted a piece. Rather than give in, he removed himself. Since then, we have experienced a monsoon of good fortune and a client base that has helped us build a successful retail business of our own. I have chronicled the events over the past year on this Blog, but more recently an increase in business has kept me from staying in the habit of writing. The experience has shown me how easy it is to get lost in the grind. I left Costa Rica feeling refreshed and with zealous dreams, and although they haven't been lost, they have certainly been pushed to the side by the new opportunities in front of me. Now it's time to find the balance that will allow both the pursuit of dreams and financial independence, one that many seek their entire lives. I'll finish this short catch up post with a quote from Ferris Bueller, "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it".

No comments:

Post a Comment